Thursday, May 4, 2023

Walking Poems

1.  The Tip

tangled weeds
mangled trees
growing up through 
a rusty washing machine

cabinet record player 
rotten and pulped
glistening smashed
TV screen glass

a push lawn mower
twisted blade 
bent handle
two snowmobiles
sinking into the earth

scattered Labatt 50
stubby brown bottles


2. Trilliums

white trilliums
hundreds? 
thousands?
deeper down the path
out on the edge 
of a shady glade
one red trillium

3.  Jimi

singing 
"I stand up next to a mountain"
loud 
echoing down the path
into suburban windows


 - just out walking 
 - collecting moments in poems

2 comments:

  1. Ha, the description of that property has my OCD clicking into gear. LOL. LOVE the red trilliums. The Tired Monk, walking.......I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice stuff! You are inspiring me to write again. As I walk, I'll open myself up to a poem.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for helping with the development of Olsonomics.