Friday, February 16, 2024

secrets from the deep

secrets
sure I got 'em
a little spell ago
I pulled them up 
from the deep morass
slathered in canal muck

I hosed them off 
took a look
poked them with a barge pole
watched as they dripped
black guck, and slime
on the boardwalk
and slowly dried

I kicked them 
hard 
back into the murk
sinking down
past bicycles
knives, guns, empty bags
and litter
...so much litter
to rest 
still
on the bottom
forever



 - for the record:

I'm very much pro surprise and very anti secret. 

10 comments:

  1. I love this Fantastic images to show how some secrets better stay buried in the mud with the other muck

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps it's useful to take them out and inspect them occasionally, before deciding the past can stay buried?

    I too am very pro surprise, and usually anti secret. (But good at keeping other people's secrets.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Bro. My two secrets, I think all that I have left, are buried sooo deep in the muck that I can't even remember the one. The other I'd like to forget, it would have been a crime now days.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done and vividly described. A secret buried deep enough can be forgotten until someone starts digging up old memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh, I like this one. Reads like a little story. Beautiful description of what we'd like to do with some of these memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, down deep is the best place to keep them.......great description of the layers of guck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you spoke directly to me ~ to us. Told it like it was/is!! Bravo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this resonated!! I feel I did just that with writing my memoir... picked up everything from the much, showed it some sun and slipped it back again where it can rest forever. Perfectly said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for helping with the development of Olsonomics.