Thursday, April 4, 2024

a good man

no one stopped
to ask this guy
why he was standing
unmoving
looking up into the grey sky
every now and then a tear
spilled
rippling down 
staining his light blue shirt

you okay? you okay man?

he kept his gaze to the sky
answered 
slow and measured:

I'm good
real good
blessed
full of gratitude
I lost someone
a friend of 60 years
almost a surrogate father
a good man
he stepped in
with love

yeah I'm good
I'm just taking it in
taking in the beauty

thank you

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhh, this is beautiful and his gratitude is so profound. He gets the whole picture. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A touching and loving way to respectfully remember and be grateful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just to read this is to feel deep sarisfaction.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully written... grief, acceptance, love...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Olie, I am glad you stepped up. Made his happy, your readers also.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love poems that speak to me, on a deep level ~~~ as yours has. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The friend stepped in as did the man who asked "you okay?". Had he not asked he would have thought these were sad tears not ones of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for helping with the development of Olsonomics.