Thursday, April 28, 2022

blue note book poems

i)

little book tucked
back pocket deep
40 lost poems

ii)

two novices paddle past
moments from great learning
cats hate canoes

iii)

welcome to our campsite
bottle of Off, mosquito coils
covered in morning frost

iv)

early fall fire crackles
smoke through hemlock boughs
pinecones snap

v)

peanut butter smores melt
marshmallow erupts  - burns
drips over monk robes

vi)

grass is long - damp
flattened in a trail
to log pile edge

vii)

meal remnants sit
hardening kimchi fried rice
empty soju bottles clink

viii)

driveway basketball thunder
real thunder along the seaway
monk settles on porch

ix)

axe shatters...splatters
through rotten deck wood
monk cuts new board

x)

old Zellers work shirt
worn steel toe boots
flat pencil in baseball brim

xi)

fire wards off late spring snow
four finger single malt pour
wards off heavy day

10 comments:

  1. I enjoyed each one, and appreciate the four finger solace at dsy's end. Though mine is red wine. Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is nothing “tired” about this poem. Its vignettes are vibrant snapshots in an existential life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A huge WOW from this lady in Bend Oregon. I will join you in the four finger pour. Sherry may have her red wine, thank you. Each bit of poetry satisfies, deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blue note book poems are lovely , together they make a nice film strip.
    Happy you dropped by my blog

    Much💛love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful evocation of a landscape and a lifestyle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You’ve got me remembering backpacking in the Sierras, thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful visual poem A great parade of images

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can visualize you writing these from your campsite. It feels very soothing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you have been doing much work. I hope you have new bottles of soju. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This brings me back to vacations in Maine. Never brought any soju or kimchi with me, but I think I will next time I go.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for helping with the development of Olsonomics.